Status: Full Time, Salaried
Reports To: Board of Directors
Supervises: Currently 6 administrative staff members, with possibility for more. Currently includes: Production Manager, Talent & Promotions Manager, Digital Content Coordinator, Artist-in-Residence, Studio Manager, and Operations Manager
How You’d Fit In and Stand Out
The next Twin Cities Catalyst Music Executive Director (ED) will play a critical role in leading the organization into its next phase of development. As the organization’s founder transitions out of the role, this ED position is suited for a leader who lives the mission and is eager to be the face of the organization.
The ED has responsibility for thinking about and mapping the road to the future state of the organization and its mission. There may be significant evolution in this area over the next five years or so as the organization grows, the environment changes and the mission and day to day activities shift. The ED will also continue to build the visibility of the organization and its mission in the public eye and drive an ongoing effort to ensure that the story is being told to an ever-increasing audience. This will be important in both delivering the mission and in attracting increasing levels of funding and community support.
In addition to leading the organization’s growth and future development, the ED plays a hands-on role with the administrative staff of the organization. The ED is accessible and mentors the staff to build their skills and confidence. Relationships are at the core of this position, particularly with the youth that are involved in Catalyst. The ED is essential to making a diverse community feel welcome. The ED needs to embrace and embody co-leadership of the organization with the young people behind it.
This Job Is For You If You Are . . .
- A passionate vocal champion for music, the arts, and young people
- Creative, adaptive, and agile
- High energy and have excellent communication skills
- A strategic thinker and problem solver
- A teambuilder and collaborative leader
- Able to balance the current needs of running the organization while also strategizing for the organization’s future
The following skills will be put to use right away when you start the job:
- Grants management, finance and budgeting
- Personnel management and organizational operations
- Tailoring communications to various audiences
Any of the following previous experiences would be beneficial to this position:
- Musical knowledge and/or band experience
- Experience working with middle and high school age students
- Experience launching products or ventures
- Venue management experience
- Nonprofit management experience
- Fundraising experience, particularly with individual and major donors
Someone with any of the following perspectives would be a value-add to the organization:
- Not afraid to try new things
- Take ideas and translate them into programming and opportunities
- Talk to both youth and large donors with credibility
- See the potential in all situations
Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern/North African, women and LGBTQIA2S people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled. Interviews will begin in June. Ideally someone will begin full time around August 1.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $70,000
A benefit stipend is included, and a laptop will be provided.
Catalyst is seeking new members to join its Board of Directors to help guide the organization as it continues to expand within the Twin Cities community.
- 3 year term
- 40 volunteer hours per year
- 6 Bi-monthly board meetings meetings
- 2 annual fundraisers
This is a volunteer position.
If interested please contact Vice President, James Taylor: